House Fire in Valley City Causes Significant Damage Inside the Home

housefiretwo

 

VALLEY CITY, N.D. (NewsDakota.com) A fire caused significant damage to the inside of a Valley City home Monday night. Fire Chief Gary Retterath says the fire started in the kitchen after the owner left an unattended scented candle in a pot on the stove.

The fire caused smoke damage and has made the home uninhabitable until further notice according to Retterath.  The home is located at 1026 6th avenue northeast.


Comment Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in the comments section of NewsDakota.com are solely those of the comment author and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions held by NewsDakota.com.



Multimedia