JAMESTOWN, N.D. (NewsDakota.com) - Following a wave of five North Dakota American Red Cross volunteers that left last weekend to help victims of Hurricane Sandy, a second wave of six more left Wednesday in emergency response vehicles to assist with the efforts as well.
One of those volunteers is Jamestown man Dave Smette, says Beth Dewald, executive director of the Buffalo Valley Chapter of the Red Cross. Dewald described the functions of the first wave of responders as opposed to this second wave:
She says Smette had been on standby since last weekend.
Smette and the other volunteers in this second wave are expected to be out east for about two weeks.
Comment Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in the comments section of NewsDakota.com are solely those of the comment author and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions held by NewsDakota.com.