Historic 1883 Stutsman County Courthouse Host to New Concert Series

 

JAMESTOWN, N.D. (NewsDakota.com) – When it was built in 1883, the historic Stutsman County Courthouse was intended to be North Dakota’s capitol.

Now, after many renovations and refurbishments, it provides a great historic visit and concert venue.

On Saturday, June 23rd, the courthouse hosted their first ever concert in their “Concerts in the Courthouse” series. Terry and Linda Schwartz are a duo from Spiritwood that performs a mix of bluegrass and cowboy poetry. Site Supervisor Steve Reidburn stated that in their courtroom that can seat upwards of 125, there was “standing room only”.

“The courthouse was built so the judge didn’t have to shout so everyone could hear him,” Reidburn stated. “Most concerts will be acoustic so there will be no need for electrification.”

The series continues June 30th with Dr. Timothy Bratton performing on his viola. July 8th will feature the band Old Friends and August 5th will be DW Groethe. All concerts start at 1 PM and attendance is free although a donation is highly encouraged. Click here for more about the courthouse and other programs happening this summer.

Find some pictures and video from the first “Concert in the Courthouse” below.


Comment Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in the comments section of NewsDakota.com are solely those of the comment author and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions held by NewsDakota.com.

Comments are closed.



Inside Agriculture

Farm Talk w/ Mick Kjar

Multimedia