Old Pingree Community Center A Total Loss After Sunday Fire

 

PINGREE, N.D. (NewsDakota.com) – The old community center in Pingree is a total loss after fire engulfed the historic building Sunday evening.

Troy Thomas says he was nearby at his shop when he smelled the smoke Sunday.

While it’s not official, Thomas believes it may have something to do with the wiring. He said they noticed the smoke coming from the roof about an hour and a half from the time they entered the building.

Thomas says the building had been a part of Pingree’s history for some time. Built around 1930, the building had been the school’s gymnasium and was later turned into a community center.

He says there originally were plans to restore it to keep it as part of the community.

Firefighter Jerome Dunwoody says there are no plans to investigate the fire at this time.

Below are some photos and video courtesy of Troy & Trisha Thomas from the fire.


Comment Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in the comments section of NewsDakota.com are solely those of the comment author and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions held by NewsDakota.com.

Comments are closed.



Inside Agriculture

Farm Talk w/ Mick Kjar

Multimedia