BISMARCK, N.D. (NewsDakota.com) The 2016 State Class A and B Track and Field Meet opened up Friday morning at the MDU Resources Community Bowl on the campus of Bismarck State College. A total of 113 schools are participating in the two-day meet, the Cardinals have 22 athletes competing in multiple events. Here are results for Carrington athletes on the first day.
Boys Shot Put Finals:
11. Jacob Copenhaver, SR, 44-02, 15. Cody Schlegel, JR, 40-05.
Girls 1600 Meter Run Finals:
13. Amanda Jarrett, Fresh., 5:31:84. 16. Ashley Neumiller, JR, 5:32:78.
Boys 1600 Meter Run Finals:
19. Payton Smith, Fresh., 4:49:13
Girls Triple Jump Finals:
9. Haley Hewitt, Soph., 34-00.
Girls 4×200 Meter Relay Prelims:
Maara Nelson, Gracie Page, Emerson Hoornaert, Abigail Jarrett, 1:51:59 DNQ
Boys 4×200 Meter Relay Prelims:
1. Walker Carr, Connor Wendel, Kaden Wolsky, Jacob Fandrich, 1:32:37
Girls 300 Meter Hurdles Prelims:
4. Abigail Jarrett, JR, 47.90
Boys 300 Meter Hurdles Prelims:
2. Connor Wendel, SR, 40.35
Girls Shot Put Finals:
-Champion Kauri Hochhalter, SR, 39-04, (10 team points). Runner-up Kaylyn Frison-Harvey/WC, SR, 38-10.
Girls 4×100 Relay Prelims:
6. Maara Nelson, Abigail Jarrett, Gracie Page, Haley Hewitt, 52.06
Boys 4×100 Relay Prelims:
3. Walker Carr, Jacob Fandrich, Connor Wendel, Kaden Wolsky, 44.78.
Girls Javelin Finals:
Champion Kauri Hochhalter, SR, 125-06 (10 team points).
Carrington girls – first place – 20 points, Watford City – 2nd – 19 points
Carrington boys – did not score
AM 1600 KDAK and newsdakota.com will once again bring you hourly updates on Saturday, from 10am-5pm, for the Carrington Cardinals and surrounding area athletes.