JAMESTOWN, N.D. (NewsDakota.com) – Jamestown City Building Inspector Tom Blackmore reports a boiler issue has created dangerous living conditions for a building.

On November 17th, Jamestown Fire crews and Jamestown Police were called to 120 1st Street East to the Schubert’s Carpet One building. Blackmore stated it was a boiler failure.

Blackmore added that the building wasn’t equipped to handle electric heat.

Because of this, Blackmore has deemed the upper two levels of the building to be dangerous. He says five tenants will move out and doors will be locked beginning Monday, November 23rd.

Once the new boiler is installed, they would review the building and allow tenants to move back in.