Fargo, ND (NewsDakota.com) – The Cass County Sheriff’s Department announced Wednesday that a suspect has been taken into custody for the recent ATM thefts in several counties in North Dakota.
Here is a portion of the news release:
Last night around 8:15 PM, 38 year-old Joshua Fergus McCleary of rural Wheatland, ND was arrested in Dickinson. McCleary is a suspect in a crime spree to include the theft of several ATM’s that spanned the counties of Cass, Barnes and LaMoure. At this time there have been no formal charges related to the ATM thefts. This investigation remains active and on-going at this time. As this investigation moves forward, more information will be made available. The Cass County Sheriff’s Office encourages anyone who has information that relates to these cases to contact our office at (701) 241-5800. After hours, contact the Red River Regional Dispatch Center at (701) 451-7660 and request to speak with a deputy.
The arrest of McCleary was a collaborative effort with several local, state and federal authorities to include:
* Cass County Sheriff’s Office
* Cass County State’s Attorney’s Office
* Fargo Police Department
* Barnes County Sheriff’s Office
* Barnes County State’s Attorney’s Office
* Valley City Police Department
* LaMoure County Sheriff’s Office
* LaMoure County State’s Attorney’s Office
* North Dakota Bureau of Criminal Investigation
* US Marshal’s High Plains Fugitive Task Force
* US Attorney’s Office
* Dickinson Police Department
* North Dakota Highway Patrol
* Jamestown Police Department
* Cass County Arrest Warrant
* Felony Theft of Property
* Felony Possession of a Controlled Substance
* Felony Possession of Paraphernalia
* Received four (4) new charges resulting from his 01/12/21 arrest in Dickinson, ND.
(Photo Credit: Southwest Multi County Correction Center)