JAMESTOWN, N.D. (NewsDakota.com) – A new program in the area to help employers in workforce retention and recruitment is accepting applications.
“The Jamestown/Stutsman Development Corporation (JSDC) Internship Reimbursement Program is designed to increase the number of local internships and assist our employers in workforce recruitment and retention,” the JSDC states. “The Program will contribute up to $3,500 to reimburse employers that are hiring University and College students to assist in the payroll costs.”
Stutsman County employers are eligible for the program.
• Employers may be eligible for up to $3500 in Reimbursement.
• Employers may be eligible for half the payroll cost to be reimbursed. For example, if the projected cost for the employer is $8,000 they would be eligible for up to $3,500. If the projected cost for the employer is $4,000 they would be eligible for $2,000.
• Employers may apply through the existing UJ Intern Program or directly to the JSDC.
• The JSDC will meet quarterly to award eligible employers.
• JSDC will select eligible employers for reimbursement after the deadline. Specific dollar amounts will be determined for each selected at that time.
• The employer and Internship position must be located in Stutsman County.
• Employers must pay the Intern a minimum of $15 per hour.
• Employers must apply before the Intern begins work.
• The Internship does not have to be for Academic Credit, but is encouraged.
“When considering, [you] must fill out the application in full including a detailed description of the desired interns position in the company,” the JSDC added. ” After completion of application, send in no later than December 20, 2021 for Winter/Spring 2022 semester consideration. The JSDC will then review and award recipients.”
Applications can be sent Info@growingjamestown.com.